|I wandered lonely as a cloud Questions and Answers|
I wandered Lonely As A Cloud Exercise of class 10 solves
1. Vocabulary in use
i) Read the poem, and fill in the crossword puzzle. Use the base forms of the words.
3. extreme happiness => bliss
sprightly => lively
4. to look quickly at something or somebody => glance
7. to walk slowly around => wander
9. the state of being alone => solitude
1. cheerful => Jocund
2. to move from side to side or up and down => toss
3. a light wind => breeze
6. to look steadily at something or somebody => gaze
ii) Read the poem, and match the following words with their meaning.
a. vacant ==> empty
b. sprightly ==> lively; full of life and energy
c. couch ==> sofa; a long comfortable seat
d. gaze ==> to look steadily
e. sparkling ==> shining and flashing with light
f. bay ==> a broad inlet of the sea where the land curves inward
g. stretched ==> extended
h. gay ==> cheerful
I wandered lonely as a Cloud Question Answers Class 10 Exercise
2. Reading Comprehension
Read the poem and answer the following questions.
1. Who composed the poem?
Ans: William Wordsworth composed the poem.
2. Who is compared with cloud?
Ans: The lonely speaker compares himself with a cloud.
May You Like:
3. Where did the person in the poem see the daffodils?
Ans: The person in the poem saw the daffodils beside the lake and beneath the trees.
4. What word does the poet use to compare the daffodils with?
Ans: The poet uses the word 'star' to compare with daffodils.
5. The speaker dances with daffodils .Why?
Ans: The speaker dances with daffodils because it makes the poet joyful.
6. What is the theme of this poem?
Ans: The theme of this poem is "Nature and it's beauty is the ultimate source of human happily"
ii) Rearrange the paragraph given below in the correct order so that they make the complete summary of the poem.